I’m trying to stick to this rule of only having as many knitting or crochet projects on the go as I can count with my fingers. 🙂
A good thing about winter is that I’m a bit more eager to get all those warms knits in use. This makes me extra effective at knocking old projects off the list and making room for new ones. Like these cosy legwarmers I all of a sudden realised I needed.
They flare wider at the bottom so they wrap around my shoes and sneakers a bit more comfortably, keeping my ankles extra warm.
The purple of the rainbow yarn and the dark grey don’t have quite as strong a contrast as I’d like, resulting in a less clear image. Perhaps a white base colour would make the rainbow pop more.
You can find the (One Size) pattern below. The legwarmers are approx. 19cm or 7 1/2inch long.
- 3,5mm double pointed needles
- DK yarn in two colors. Color 1 for the base and color 2 for the image, I used Novita 7veljestä as the grey base (color 1) and Novita 7veljestä Raita (color 2) rainbow yarn for the image.
- Darning/tapestry needle
- With color 1: cast on 60 sts on double pointed needles size 3,5mm. Knit 1 round.
- Work rib (knit2, purl2) for 10 rounds.
- knit 1 round.
- add color 2 and work pattern according to A.1 (15 repeats of 4 stitches).
- Work pattern according to A.2 (6 repeats of 10 stitches)
- Work pattern according to A.3 (6 repeats of 10 stitches). After the increases there will be a total of 66 stitches.
- Work pattern according to A.4 (6 repeats of 11 stitches). After the increases there will be a total of 72 stitches.
- Work pattern according to A.5 (18 repeats of 4 stitches).
- With color 1 work rib (knit2, purl2) for 8 rounds.
- Cut yarns and weave in ends. Block and enjoy! 🙂