I found this lovely lovely case in Lewes Flea Market and just had to have it. It’s just so cute, and I can always find a use for a handy piece of storage accessory like this. Slight problem was the paper covering the interior was peeling away and torn. So I decided to try and replace it.
- wrapping papers from dotcomgiftshop
- multipurpose craft PVA glue
- baking paper
- sharpie marker
- masking tape
I have to say I’m not too confident with glue yet. I always get it all over my hands and then everything goes to h*ll. Also the cutting of the curvy shapes did feel quite intimidating, but nothing ventures, nothing gained as they say. I used baking sheet to try and trace a template of the shapes I would need. I can be quite the perfectionist when it comes to my crafts but I think I’m also relatively good at picking my fights. So close enough was going to cut it just fine.
So this project is starting to sound like it was quite half a**ed, but I like to think of it more as not sweating the small stuff. All in all I was very happy with the end result. There was one big wrinkle on one of the side pieces, but this won’t be visible as the case will be hosting some of my growing collection of scrap fabric pieces.